Keurig Green Mountain launches Keurig KOLD
By Canadian Vending
By Canadian Vending
Waterbury, CT – Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. has launched its KOLD system, which allows consumers to freshly make cold carbonated and non-carbonated beverages at home, the company said in a news release.
“Keurig has redefined the way consumers enjoy coffee and tea in their homes and offices and today with the launch of Keurig KOLD, we’re embarking on a new journey that will change the way consumers enjoy cold beverages at home,” said Brian Kelley, President and CEO of Keurig, in a news release. “The disruptive countertop-size innovation in KOLD is like nothing consumers have ever experienced – from the rapid chilling that turns room temperature water to a perfectly chilled drink at the push of a button; to the dispensing technology that produces consistently great tasting beverages; to the pod technology which enables fully carbonated beverages. KOLD delivers game changing, on-demand variety of sparkling or non-carbonated beverages all fresh made with Keurig simplicity.”
Consumers will be able make a Coca-Cola or a Dr Pepper on their kitchen counter. The systems includes exclusive beverage brands from categories including craft and fountain-style sodas, zero- and low-calorie flavored seltzers and waters, sports hydration drinks, iced teas and, in future, cocktail mixers.
The system is available to order on Keurig.com and will be sold at select retailers both online and in six cities beginning in October, including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and New York.
The system contains several features and technologies, Keurig said in the release:
- Fresh-made. The KOLD pod and drinkmaker do all the work. Simply remove the freshness seal from the bottom of the pod, pop it in, push the button and freshly make a cold beverage, mixed to just the right taste each and every time.
- Carbonation without a CO2 canister. To make carbonated beverages, the Keurig KOLD system uniquely uses Karbonator beads, which are contained within the pod and hold beverage-grade CO2. During the drink making process, CO2 is naturally released into the beverage to perfectly carbonate each drink.
- Drinks delivered chilled. The innovative KOLD chiller uses an aerospace-inspired thermal transfer system to rapidly cool beverages to the ideal chilled temperature.
- Perfectly portioned. Keurig KOLD delivers beverages at an eight-ounce portion size, and nearly all beverages have 100 calories or less.
- Space savings. KOLD pods need no refrigeration so consumers can easily store more beverage choices in their pantry or in their countertop KOLD™ pod carousel, offering everyone, including family and guests, exactly the cold beverage they want, when they want it.
“We’re excited to introduce Keurig KOLD to consumers today and are appreciative of the strong collaboration of our beverage brand partners, The Coca-Cola Company and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. The inclusion of their great brands strengthens the appeal of Keurig KOLD,” Kelley said. “In addition, we believe Coca-Cola’s marketing strengths and global distribution capabilities will be instrumental in the years to come as we look to expand the reach of Keurig KOLD beyond North America.”
Beverage brands offered in the Keurig KOLD system portfolio include:
- From The Coca-Cola Company: Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Fanta
- From the Dr Pepper Snapple Group: Dr Pepper, Canada Dry
- From Keurig:
- Seraphine: Zero-calorie seltzers in Mediterranean fruit flavors including Passion Fruit and Persian Lime
- FLYTE: Thirst-quenching sports hydration drinks, including Lemon Lime Launch, Red Rush and zero-calorie Overtime Orange
- Waterful: Zero-calorie, lightly flavored and sweetened waters in flavors including Blissful Berry and Citrus Celebration
- Red Barn Craft Soda: Naturally flavored craft soda made with pure cane sugar. Available varieties include Cane Cola, Root Beer and Zesty Lemon Lime
- Flynn’s Soda Shop: Soda fountain classics including Orange Cream, Diet Orange Cream, Root Beer, Diet Root Beer and Vanilla Cream that taste as good as dessert
- Tierney’s Iced Tea: Range of still, sparkling and diet iced teas. Available varieties include Diet Peach, Lemon Mint and Passion Fruit Raspberry.