Machines & Accessories
Lavazza Professional launches “New Normal” OCS system
By CANADIAN VENDING
Lavazza Professional, part of the Lavazza Group and comprising the FLAVIA® single-serve brewing systems and KLIX® vending systems, is gearing up for a September 2020 launch of the Flavia® Creation 600.
The C600 is one of Lavazza Professional’s brewers, offering advantages for office managers, end users, and office productivity. Its built-in hygiene benefits also offer a timely solution for offices reopening under the parameters of the “new normal” necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The C600 development started with Lavazza Professional’s extensive research into the workplace and the role of office beverages. After gaining a deep understanding of the greatest needs and challenges of office managers, as well as why beverage breaks matter to employees, the company designed the C600 to facilitate better breaks and power workplace happiness through two key differentiators: the ability to deliver both hot and cold beverages in one machine and FLAVIA® IQ smart technology, which offers office managers extensive benefits that range from ease of beverage management to streamlined brewer maintenance.
Bruce Williamson, Vice President of Innovation and Marketing at Lavazza Professional in a press release, “Our other key discoveries confirmed that managing the break room is one of the most time-consuming hassles for office managers. Office beverages are provided to reduce stress and should not add to it. Building out FLAVIA IQ smart technology, we addressed those beverage and brewer maintenance tasks that were cumbersome and time-consuming, developing a technology service that’s essentially like giving the office manager a second set of hands.”
Lavazza Professional has always designed for the workplace, with hygiene and ease of use in mind. They are confident the C600 will be seen not only as a new, innovative workplace solution that will relieve a great deal of burden from office managers and staff alike, but also as a hygienic, easy-to-use brewer that anyone can use to enjoy their favourite hot or cold beverage. The C600 will be available on September 21, and companies are already eagerly awaiting its arrival, excited to start enjoying the following benefits.
Hot and cold beverage versatility
Employees drink both hot and cold beverages throughout the day. They turn to hot drinks to kick off a productive morning, and cold drinks to quench their thirst and reinvigorate themselves throughout the day. From hot coffee and tea to cold brew coffee, iced tea, infused water, and more, the C600 plus Flavia® Chill can meet the beverage demands of a typical workday.
Top features for the beverage consumer include:
- Hot/cold and dairy/non-dairy drinks in one system, including coffee, tea, lattes, cold brew coffee, infused water, and more
- No ice needed to make cold drinks, with the addition of Flavia Chill
- Patented frothing technology that allows users to indulge in specialty drinks by frothing any fresh dairy or non-dairy milk directly in their cup
Convenience and ease of use for office managers
Flavia IQ smart technology and online portal delivers time-saving advantages for office managers, to ensure the break room remains well supplied and maintained, while the drinks keep flowing for employees.
- Consumption trends allow office managers to see what’s popular with their employees and adjust orders appropriately.
- Automatic service alerts are sent to the beverage distributor for tech support.
- Remote configuration helps minimize in-person appointments and outside traffic into an office. The beverage distributor is able to remotely perform services such as updating firmware, modifying drink menus, and adjusting settings.
- Automatic maintenance requests allow employees to send stocking requests and issue alerts to the office manager from the brewer screen.
- Customizable brewer screen content templates allow for a more personal experience and an added communications channel for keeping employees up to date.
Coffee Machine Designed with hygiene in mind
Today more than ever, break rooms need to adapt to the sensitivities of consumers. Lavazza Professional ensured the C600 would have touchless brewing options for the end user. This includes the FLAVIA® Tap N’ Brew app, which gives employees the option to brew beverages from their smartphone, without needing to touch the touchscreen. Lavazza Professional will also offer an optional protective film that can be applied to the screen for always-on surface protection. Plus, 24/7 antimicrobial efficacy has been proven by independent labs using ISO global standards. Kastus registration with the U.S. EPA is currently pending.
Lavazza Professional is an innovative supplier of office solutions, developing products that meet the frequently changing tastes of employees and the ever-increasing responsibilities of the office manager.