This year’s PoY winners are largely focused on healthy vending products, and convenience. Product of the Year is the world's largest consumer-voted award for quality and product innovation. Based on the results of a national online survey of 40,000 consumers conducted by Kantar, a consumer research firm, one product winner is selected in various categories including confections, candy, baking, snacking and more.
This year’s vending-friendly winning products are:
- Caffeinated product categaory:Java House Cold Brew - Dual-Use Liquid coffee Pods
- Gum category: Tic Tac Gum
- Candy bar category: Butterfinger
- Better-For-You Snack category: Gold Emblem Abound White Cheddar flavoured bite-sized Quinoa and Rice Cakes
- Breakfast category: Del Monte Fruit & oats
- Cookie category: Oreo Thins Bites
- Feminine Care category: Playtex Simply Gentle Glide Tampons
- Healthy beverage category: Zyn – Holistic Wellness Beverage
- Kids Novelty Snack category: Kinder Joy
- Sugar Confection category: Black Forest Gummy Bears
- Immediate Relief division: Halls Kids
Product of the Year is s consumer-voted award for product innovation. Established over 30 years ago, POY currently operates in over 40 countries with the same purpose: To guide consumers to the best products in their market and reward manufacturers for quality and innovation. Product of the Year winners are backed by the votes of approximately 40,000 consumers in a national representative study conducted by research partner Kantar. The award is a powerful merchandising program for marketers proven to increase product sales, distribution and awareness. Winning products are announced in February each year and receive the right to use the Product of the Year logo in marketing communications for two years.