Created in 1999, the original Iced Capp was crafted as a blended frozen coffee beverage made with Tim Hortons signature coffee and cream. Over time, the Iced Capp has evolved with new signature flavours and limited edition versions have been introduced since.
"The Tim Hortons Iced Capp is the ultimate Canadian summer beverage, so we're excited to celebrate its 20th anniversary during the hottest days of the year," says Mike Hancock, Chief Operating Officer, Tim Hortons in a press release. "From grabbing Iced Capps for drives to the cottage or cabin on much anticipated summer weekends to a cool afternoon treat, we're excited to be celebrating another year of a classic favourite with our guests."
Over the years the Iced Capp has also had some delicious flavours available for a limited time only, some recent flavours are:
- Oreo tops the list with three appearances in 2015, 2018 and 2019
- Salted Caramel and Pumpkin Spice first appeared in 2018
- S'mores aren't just a campfire favourite and joined the Iced Capp family in 2017
- Maple – a true Canadian classic – joined in 2016
- Swap out cream or white milk for chocolate milk
- Add a shot of espresso for some extra perk
- Mix and match flavours to create a custom Iced Capp
- Top off a Mocha Iced Capp with a chocolate Timbit® for a double chocolate treat