Starbucks launches Blonde Roast coffee
January 12, 2012, Seattle – Starbucks has debuted a lighter roast coffee to serve the needs coffee drinkers who prefer a lighter roast coffee.
Starbucks Blonde Roast will be available as a brewed option in Starbucks stores in the United States, and as a packaged coffee in Starbucks stores and retail grocery locations across the U.S..
“It took eight months and more than 80 different recipe and roast iterations before we landed on the exact flavor profile our customers told us they were looking for,” said Brad Anderson, master roaster for Starbucks. “They told us they wanted a flavorful, lighter-bodied coffee that offers a milder taste and a gentle finish. Starbucks Blonde Roast delivers.”
The mellow coffee extends Starbucks Roast Spectrum, which now includes Blonde Roast, Medium and Dark Roast coffees. Blonde Roast selections include Veranda Blend, Willow Blend and Decaf Willow Blend.
Starbucks Blonde Roast is now available in the following offerings:
- Veranda Blend as a brewed option in Starbucks stores in the U.S.
- Blonde Roast whole bean in Starbucks stores in the U.S. and Canada
- Blonde Roast whole bean and ground coffee where groceries are sold in the U.S.
- Veranda Blend in Starbucks stores in the U.S. and Canada
- Veranda Blend K-Cup Packs where groceries are sold in the U.S.
Beginning in February, brewed Veranda Blend will also be available from Starbucks locations across Canada.