Tim Hortons ramps up its reward program
By CANADIAN VENDING
Those in office coffee services or micro markets may want to take note:
Tim Hortons announced an expansion of its loyalty program, including access to a wider selection of the menu and launching new offers.
Tims Rewards launched in March 2019, and has gained nearly 8 million active members in its program. The company has increased its points offerings and will expand the program to include a wider range of products as of February 26.
All members will earn 10 points per eligible transaction and unlock new levels of rewards starting at just 50 points, such as the following:
- 50 points: hash browns, classic donuts, specialty donuts, cookies
- 70 points: brewed coffee, tea, Dream Donuts, bagels and baked goods
- 100 points: hot chocolate, French vanilla, iced coffee, wedges
- 140 points: Classic Iced Capp®, frozen beverages, espresso drinks, box of 10 Timbits®, yogurt, oatmeal
- 180 points: breakfast sandwiches, soups
- 220 points: BELT, farmers breakfast sandwiches, lunch sandwiches, chili
Unregistered members need to link their card number with their email on the Tim Hortons app or at timhortons.ca/signup to unlock expanded access to the menu. Through the app or online, members can select a rewards level to earn points towards or they can choose to bank points in their account and save them for up to a year. If a reward level isn’t selected, guests will receive a coffee, tea or baked good after earning 70 points.
The new Tims Rewards provides more benefits for registered members. Members who have a digital card or link their physical card through the app or online will be able to unlock a special promotion to earn twice the points between February 26 to March 18, 2020 and can receive a reward on their birthday.