The Conlux MCM5 provides increased tube capacity, additional float options, and enhancements in product durability and aesthetics. The changer accommodates two full rolls of coins, and the coin tubes are fully accessible from the back of the cassette for faster coin filling. The MCM5 also provides new float options to manage coin inventory. Operators can either select from one of two preset factory float levels ($34 or $52) or they can program the float level simply by pressing the discriminator’s float button up or down to the desired dollar amount.
“Operators are looking to get more for less in these tough economic times and the MCM5 gives them a workhorse coin changer at an economical value, ” said Tom Vogt, Americas director for Conlux. “Conlux engineers took the heritage technology in the CCM5 and retooled it to satisfy operator needs for the next decade.”
The MCM5 automatically programs the cassette when it is snapped into place and provides simultaneous three-coin payout for faster transactions. In addition, the MCM5 uses 30 per cent less power than the CCM5 while in an idle state, giving operators a competitive advantage to win over new accounts.
The Conlux MCM5’s enhancements in product durability and aesthetics include:
- A single-piece coin door that swings open to give better visibility of the coin path
- A newly colored green coin gate that makes jams easier to spot
- A sturdier return lever to withstand the harshest handling
- A nine-button keypad and improved labeling that makes it faster and easier to program the device
- A third diagnostic LED light on the discriminator to “flag” maintenance needs